READING, WRITING & 'RITHMETIC
A school building (low set, one large room with verandahs in front and back) was opened in 1900. This served until 1937, with up to 70 children in eight grades being taught by two teachers and sometimes a pupil teacher. The emphasis was on the three R's, with the boys being taught to swim and the girls to sew.
In 1960 the first bus services began. Gradually, extra classrooms, a library and sporting facilities were added to the school.