the langenbaker family
A memorial to the people of Australia's outback towns, and a graphic illustration of their ways of life and work.
The house was brought to Ilfracombe in the 1890's by Harry and Mary-Anne Langenbaker, who were among the towns first settlers. The couple, and their 11 children lived in the house until 1991, changing little over the years.
The house was acquired by the Ilfracombe Shire Council after the death of the last immediate family member, and is now open for public viewing by guided tour only.